Manage memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to manage the memory of my microcontroller STM32F415 (192k bytes SRAM including 64k bytes of CCM data RAM) with two features:

AMQP (~ 30k bytes required)

and

Bluetooth communication (~ 25k bytes required)

However after a test it is published that I do not have SRAM available in the microcontroller.

At the beginning of : void application_start (void), the available SRAM is close to 32k bytes.

So I have three questions:

1) "192k bytes SRAM including 64k bytes of CCM data RAM" does it mean the maximum SRAM available memory is 64k bytes or 192k ?

2) Can I reduce the SRAM required for AMQP or Bluetooth communication? And how if it's possible?

Or

3) Can I reduce SRAM used before the start of my project? And how if it's possible?

(The project uses RTOS: ThreadX and Network stack: NetXduo).

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree. Apologies, the .ld file will present in the same MCU folder of the SDK

>> 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\STM32F4xx

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For your question #1 :

- SRAM and CCMRAM are 2 differents section

SRAM is in 0x20000000

CCMRAM is in 0x10000000

to use ccmram you must to modify the linker script.

OpenSTM32 Community Site | Using CCM Memory

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer !

Do you have any idea for the others questions ? :

2) Can I reduce the SRAM required for AMQP or Bluetooth communication? And how if it's possible?

Or

3) Can I reduce SRAM before the start of my project? And how if it's possible?
(The project uses RTOS: ThreadX and Network stack: NetXduo).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For tweaking the memory size you can check the .ld file which is present in following location

>> \43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\BCM43909

It is not recommended to do so.

0 Likes

rash wrote:

For tweaking the memory size you can check the .ld file which is present in following location

>> \43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\BCM43909

It is not recommended to do so.

\43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\BCM4390x\BCM43909 is nothing to do with STM32F415.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I agree. Apologies, the .ld file will present in the same MCU folder of the SDK

>> 43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\platform\MCU\STM32F4xx