Joining WiFi networks that require username/ password credentials.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiCo_3773821
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi - I'm using the WW101 examples with a Quicksilver board.  I can join a WiFi network by editing the SSID and PASSPHRASE entries in the wifi_config_dct.h file, but how do I join a network that requires username and password credentials?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding GauravS_31​ as he was helping with alternate on-boarding techniques here within this thread: Could WPA2 enterprise on boarding be done through BLE?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

william.condon_3773821

I asked around this week and it appears that we provide the following demo within WICED to help with on-boarding: /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/demo/ble_wifi_introducer

0 Likes
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I believe you are implying about the fact a QuickSilver board needs to connect to an enterprise grade AP which requires a user name and password for validation. You can check WICED Enterprise Security User Guide​, WICED Enterprise Security Demo​ for details about the procedure. On a very top level, you can use the join_ent command in test.console example to get started with.

0 Likes

RaktimR_11

He's looking for a means to automate the onboarding process as most consumer applications would need some form alternative certificate exchange that does not include a Radius server.

0 Likes

It can fail with sdk-6.2.1 without any additional fix.

e.g. https://community.cypress.com/message/164713#164713

Maybe some more fixes are required to get enterprise security work but I don't recall where to get the fixes.

0 Likes