Issue with wiced_network_send_ethernet_data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaCi_2122796
Level 3
Level 3
So, Im attempting to send raw ethernet frames out the wifi interface, but Im never seeing them come out over the air. I have confirmed that the wifi chip is a) connected to the AP, b) has the same MAC as the sender MAC in the frame, and c) is receiving frames from other devices on the network. The frame is 80 bytes long (longer than the minimum, and a multiple of 4), and there is sufficient space at the front of the buffer for the SDPCM headers. Relevant details:

RTOS: FreeRTOS

Net Stack: LWIP

Processor: STM32F205

Wifi Chip: 43362

Bus: SDIO

Anyone have any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong?
0 Likes
1 Solution
DaCi_2122796
Level 3
Level 3
Scratch that... turns out I was sending the test frame out the ethernet, because I swapped functions while making sure things were approximately sane. I cannot for the life of me figure out what Im doing wrong; Im watching whats going on when LWIP is sending a ping packet and emulating the payload, length, and total length, byte for byte. The one thing Ive noticed is that the buffers have 2 references to them, instead of just one. Ive also confirmed that the alignment of the payload pointer is the same (for 4 byte alignments).

Is it possible my buffers are being freed before their transmitted? Can anyone get a simple small test app running for wiced_send_network_data()? Im absolutely confused now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies