I am writing steps which I took to try the snip for OTA.
1. Compiled ota_fr snip with command for WICED dev board BCM943362WCD4_EVB.
make snip.ota_fr-BCM943362WCD4-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO download download_apps run
Build and app donwload finishes successfully.
2. Built snip scan with
3. Connected with the AP mode published by WICED .
4. In Browser opened http://192.168.10.1, OTA web page appears.
5. browse and select snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO.stripped.elf for OTA download.
6. Starts download. Shows transfer progress bar running.when it reaches 100% WICED device reboots with OTA snip itself while my expectation was that it will reboot with scan snip.
7. While debugging the same observed that in function process_upgrade_chunk API named wiced_framework_set_boot ( DCT_APP0_INDEX, PLATFORM_DEFAULT_LOAD ); returns failure.
I could not able to put debug print in that API as than it started to give compilation error of some BTLDR memory exceed.
So my suspicion is that while I have been able to download the file alright in section of memory for downloaded code.
I have not been able to flag it to bootloader to pick that code from that section into main app code memory section.
Can anyone verify my steps followed and point me to if there is any mistake ?
If it's known issue than is there any solution/workaround available to try out ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
definitely we are working on the fix , we will provide the fix soon. you would not be stuck to a version of SDK for OTA . Main reason is change in the DCT structure and bootloader settings accordingly.
I also encountered the same issue reported here for the target SN8205x. After the rebooting WICED device reboots with OTA snip itself while my expectation was that it will reboot with scan snip. You suggested this workaround of wiced_framework_set_boot() but which file i need to put this function.