Is the "package" option broke on the make line?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jusadams
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I started poking around to see if I can get my build files packaged up so we can use them during manufacturing. It looks like the normal build command doesn't create build/$project/APP.bin, but we use that to jlink flash controllers during manufacturing. I started poking around to see how it gets pulled in and it looked like adding either "download" or "package" should build it. I confirmed it happens during download (but that tries to actually use jlink and download to a device). I noticed just adding "package" doesn't do anything. After digging in more I noticed it was setup like this:

package: $(RELEASE_PACKAGE)
    $(QUIET)$(ECHO) Created package successfully

$(RELEASE_PACKAGE): create_package_descriptor \
    $(STRIPPED_LINK_OUTPUT_FILE) display_map_summary \
    package_bootloader $(if $(findstring no_dct,$(MAKECMDGOALS)),,package_dct) package_app package_apps

in tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk, but RELEASE_PACKAGE isn't defined anywhere. If I pass in something defining it on the make line, I get the next issue:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `create_package_descriptor',
I can't find any info on create_package_descriptor. I was wondering if this was meant to be removed and/or if I'm even going about this the right way. I'm currently using WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2 but I also tried on WICED-Studio-6.6.1 and saw the same issue. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @jusadams ,

Sorry for the delayed response. I verified with the team internally that getting build files packed is not possible now and so there is no definition for descriptor. And to add on wiced is not recommended for newer designs 

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakesh_BG

Hi @jusadams ,

I have verified that the package creator definitions are not present in wiced 6.6 as well. 

I am checking the details why it is not available. I will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes
jusadams
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Any update on this? It has been 2 months and I haven't heard anything new.

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @jusadams ,

Sorry for the delayed response. I verified with the team internally that getting build files packed is not possible now and so there is no definition for descriptor. And to add on wiced is not recommended for newer designs 

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes