Initializing BT stack under 3.4.0-AWS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to add BLE functionality to the the demo/aws_iot/shadow app.  The issue I'm seeing is once I enable the BT stack, the Wi-Fi side of things stops working.  In fact, the BT side doesn't work either outside of successfully broadcasting ADVs.  I'm targeting the BCM4343W_AVN platform.

Note that I'm able to work with the BLE-standalone snips that don't use Wi-Fi such as ble_proximity_reporter.  They behave as expected.

Question:  When enabling both BT and Wi-FI, what's the appropriate procedure for doing this?  What order do I need to call the enabling APIs (ie, wiced_bt_stack_init(), wiced_network_up(), etc) and when do I call them?  Are there any rules I need to follow in terms of allowing time for the stacks to initialize?

0 Likes
1 Solution

hey andrew997

on porting the existing smart_bridge api's over the aws iot application I did not see any issue initializing the ble stack

/* Initialise WICED Bluetooth Framework */
wiced_bt_init( WICED_BT_HCI_MODE, "SmartBridge Device" );

/* Initialise WICED SmartBridge */
wiced_bt_smartbridge_init();

/* Set maximum concurrent connections */
//wiced_bt_smartbridge_set_max_concurrent_connections( MAX_CONCURRENT_CONNECTIONS );

/* Enable Attribute Cache and set maximum number of caches */

wiced_bt_smartbridge_enable_attribute_cache( MAX_CONCURRENT_CONNECTIONS );

Could you kindly try the same.

-vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies