In Mac OS installation, the Getting Started Guide requests running the snip.ping-BCM943362WCD4 target but it is not installed. Am I missing something?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

n Mac OS installation, the Getting Started Guide requests running the snip.ping-BCM943362WCD4 target but it is not installed.  Am I missing something?

There are other ping apps in the apps folder but when following the getting started to the letter, as strongly requested, I hit a dead end quickly.

See you at IoTWorld Hack!

0 Likes
1 Solution
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

You can copy, paste, edit torename the Make Target to match any of the snips or apps listed in the Project Explorer window.
Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Duncan,

May be a little late as IoT hackathon is already in progress, but I noticed the new SDK version is 2.4.1 and the QSG was written for 2.3.x. Since then, the snippets have been updated and there is no longer a "ping" snippet. The documentation does need to be updated, but maybe try and debug using the "ping-powersave" snippet, or the "scan" snippet?

-Maddy

GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

You can copy, paste, edit torename the Make Target to match any of the snips or apps listed in the Project Explorer window.
Capture.JPG

0 Likes