If I do not download the firmware through JTAG and I use the gang writer to write firmware to an external flash, is it possible to boot?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If I do not download the firmware through JTAG and I use the gang writer to write firmware to an external flash, is it possible to boot?

Thanks and Regards,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi : 

We have a detailed description document named WCIED-AN800-R-Racotry-Programming.pdf. 

NOTE: It is important to note that external FLASH writing script requires the destination address. Most addresses are fixed due to the nature of the FLASH Layout: Bootloader, DCT, Apps LUT and Filesystem. The location for the Application is dependent on the size of the Resource Filesystem. If the Resource Filesystem size changes, the destination address for the Application will change.

NOTE: These download examples use the script file =.\apps\waf\sflash_write\sflash_write.tcl and the first download (bootloader) specifies that the FLASH be erased (note the “1” in the string passed to the script). This should only be done once. You can also only write each element once (different than writing to an internal FLASH).

and it has the detailed log for the jtag download, you can have a reference .

I think if you want to skip jtag download , you need to program the binary according the address allocated with different section.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi:

Are you using a 207XX device ?   if so, please read below comments:

When the CYW207xx device powers on, boot logic determines whether a serial flash is connected and, if so, whether

it contains a valid application image. If there is a valid application, the CYW207xx device loads and executes the

application. If there is no serial flash, then the CYW207xx device boots into and stays in the Bluetooth HCI mode

where it waits for MCU (host) commands.

and please check the log we downloaded into external flash,  if you can program your flash with the exactly same data , I think the boot should be successful.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The device we are using is CYW943907. How does this device work?

Thanks and Regards,

David

0 Likes

Hi : 

We have a detailed description document named WCIED-AN800-R-Racotry-Programming.pdf. 

NOTE: It is important to note that external FLASH writing script requires the destination address. Most addresses are fixed due to the nature of the FLASH Layout: Bootloader, DCT, Apps LUT and Filesystem. The location for the Application is dependent on the size of the Resource Filesystem. If the Resource Filesystem size changes, the destination address for the Application will change.

NOTE: These download examples use the script file =.\apps\waf\sflash_write\sflash_write.tcl and the first download (bootloader) specifies that the FLASH be erased (note the “1” in the string passed to the script). This should only be done once. You can also only write each element once (different than writing to an internal FLASH).

and it has the detailed log for the jtag download, you can have a reference .

I think if you want to skip jtag download , you need to program the binary according the address allocated with different section.

0 Likes