ISM43362 SDIO doesn't connect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4245036
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have bought an ISM43362 to add WiFi Access Point to my Raspberry Pi CM3+. Sadly, I am unable to connect this module to my Raspi. Indeed, the module doesn't seem to respond to the Raspi command.

For the wiring, I have followed this schematic: https://www.inventeksys.com/wp-content/uploads/ISM43362-L36_EVB_Schematic.pdf

I know that my problem should be stupid but I can't find a solution to connect the module to my Raspberry Pi. I have checked several times the wiring and all seems good. Although, the Raspi doesn't recognize the module. (I don't even get a message like: "mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001" on the dmesg log.

Do you have any idea to help me to solve this problem ?

Cheers,Antoine

0 Likes
12 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Would your please share the wired connection info to us like  SDIO interface, vddio , vbat etc?

0 Likes

Hi,

I resolved my problem, it was just a poor connection of the RST pin..

Now, the PI recognizes the SDIO but i have this dmesg log

mmc1 : new high speed SDIO card at address 0001

brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0xffffffff

brcmfmac: brcmf_chip_recognition: chip backplane type 15 is not supported

brcmfmac: brcmf_ sdio_probe_attach: brcmf_chip_attach failed!

brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach failed

brcmfmac: brcmf_ ops_sdio_probe: F2 error, probe failed -19...

Does the ISM43362 is supported by Raspbian as it uses a similar chip that the one used is the PI 3B+?

0 Likes

It looks like the module and the Raspi succeed to connect but when the Raspi ask for F1 signature, the ISM43362 isn't able to communicate/pull-down the data lines.

I have tied the data line to VCC with 47K resistors, is it enough ?

0 Likes
user_4245036
Level 1
Level 1

I have made some progress by adding some capacitor. Now the ISM43362 is able to send his signature but it still doesn't work :

[ 2080.051294] mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001

[ 2080.052654] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x1591a962

[ 2080.053641] brcmfmac: brcmf_chip_cores_check: CPU core not detected

[ 2080.053660] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach: brcmf_chip_attach failed!

[ 2080.053676] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_probe: brcmf_sdio_probe_attach failed

[ 2080.053991] brcmfmac: brcmf_ops_sdio_probe: F2 error, probe failed -19...

As I am using the ISM43362 L36, there is no CPU. Does it mean that I won't be able to make it work with my Raspberry Pi ?

0 Likes

Hello:

I want to confirm some info :

Raspbian you are using for the wire-fly work is adopting 43362 with another module, is that right ?

So you want to replace the module with ISM43362 , hope it can run well.

0 Likes

For the moment, I am just trying to add a module to use my Raspberry Pi CM3+ as an access point.

I think i found the problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

As the PI3B+ uses the CYW43438, I tried to use a similar chip : the CYW43362. But according to this wiki : https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Cypress , the CYW43438 can communicate with the raspsi directly via SDIO, but the CYW43362 need an in-between cortex M3. As I have bought the ISM43362L36, this is not working because this module doesn't have a build-in cortex M3 chip.

0 Likes

Hello:

thanks,  and please see the pic for 43362 boot timing,   but even you can connect all the hardware interface correctly , the function should not run well because of wrong nvram and firmware setting, maybe driver side need to change some defines also.  Anyway you can have a try .

32.768KHz,and  WL_RST_N are must connections also.

pastedImage_0.png

Hi,

Thank you.

I didn't really understand the thing that you need to do describe here : en:users:drivers:brcm80211 [Linux Wireless] . How should I set the nvram and firmware ? Aren't they already set in the recent kernel ?

0 Likes

Yes, 43362 should be support in the release,  if the driver can detect the chip by device ID , that will run well after your connection is finished.   but I don't know the way Raspi is doing.

So I should be able to connect the ISM43362 with my Raspi without an in-between ARM M3 right?

0 Likes

from the spec Cortex-m3 is integrated in the chip.

0 Likes

Then it should work, I don't know why my Raspi doesn't recognize any CPU. It's maybe just a compatibility problem I guess..

0 Likes