How to use WICED for CYW43455?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
iamwifi
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked
  1. Following this discussion (link: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Wi-Fi-Combo/Looking-for-details-regarding-CYW43455-concurrent-Stat...), it is mentioned that the CYW43455 module can work simultaneously as both an Access Point (AP) and a Station if I use WICED.
  2. I will try using WICED on my Linux system, but I can't find support for the CYW43455 module in Debian Linux.
  3. Is it stable to have the Access Point (AP) and Station working simultaneously using WICED? I have already tried using softAP for simultaneous AP and Station functionality, but it was not stable.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

I checked with the internal team and WICED will be able to support simultaneous AP and STA i.e.(apsta application) in the same band, same channel configuration. STA in one band and AP in the other band is not supported by 43455. The thread quoted by you needs to be corrected. Thank You for bringing this up.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

Is there any specific requirement to use WICED or WWD (Wiced WiFi driver)? Have you explored FMAC driver with 43455?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

Following this discussion (link: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Wi-Fi-Combo/Looking-for-details-regarding-CYW43455-concurrent-Stat...), it is mentioned that the CYW43455 module can work simultaneously as both an Access Point (AP) and a Station if I use WICED.
Therfore, I want try that on bcm2835 with debian linux.

I have already tried using softAP for simultaneous AP(hostapd) and Station(wpa_supplicant) functionality, but it was not stable.

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Have you already tested hostapd and wpa_supplicant with FMAC driver using 43455? Can you provide more details on the issues you faced here?

You mentioned you want to use debian linux. Will this OS be running on the device? I'm asking this because WICED stack supports freeRTOS/ThreadX.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

I checked with the internal team and WICED will be able to support simultaneous AP and STA i.e.(apsta application) in the same band, same channel configuration. STA in one band and AP in the other band is not supported by 43455. The thread quoted by you needs to be corrected. Thank You for bringing this up.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes