How to use NoOS-Demo of WICED SDK 3.0.1 with SN8000 EVB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ all,

I investigate the SN800 EVB and try to find an Demo without a RTOS. I`ve found the File "NoOS_canned_send.c", looks and sounds like a demo I`m looking for.

How can I build and use it?

Please find my informations below.

Thanks for helping,

Jan Gottwald

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm working on a Windows Vista PC (32Bit). I`ve installed the WICED SDK 3.0.1 and added the patch for SN8000-Files, but can't find an make target for an non-OS demo. Therefor, I first tried to build the prepared target "snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 download". That looks fine so far.

For the SN800x I copy & paste the prepared target an renamed it into "snip.scan-SN8000x download". That works for me, the scanner was running an found the local WLAN networks.

Now I needed a non-OS demo and, like the other make targets, I created & tried a new target "wwd.canned_send-SN8000x download". But it dosent works. Console output:

---

tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk:276: *** canned_send application does not support ThreadX-NetX_Duo combination.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/wwd_canned_send-SN8000x/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

---

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When creating your build string you have the option of defining the RTOS and network stack to use however if none is supplied the build system will use ThreadX-NetX_Duo by default.

For example, "snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4" and "snip.scan-ThreadX-NetX_Duo-BCM943362WCD4" are equivalent and will generate the same binary.

The canned_send application must have "NoOS-NoNS" in the build string, e.g. "wwd.canned_send-NoOS-NoNS-BCM943362WCD4".

For your reference, the available RTOS + network stack options available by default are:

ThreadX-NetX_Duo

ThreadX-NetX

FreeRTOS-LwIP

NoOS-NoNS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When creating your build string you have the option of defining the RTOS and network stack to use however if none is supplied the build system will use ThreadX-NetX_Duo by default.

For example, "snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4" and "snip.scan-ThreadX-NetX_Duo-BCM943362WCD4" are equivalent and will generate the same binary.

The canned_send application must have "NoOS-NoNS" in the build string, e.g. "wwd.canned_send-NoOS-NoNS-BCM943362WCD4".

For your reference, the available RTOS + network stack options available by default are:

ThreadX-NetX_Duo

ThreadX-NetX

FreeRTOS-LwIP

NoOS-NoNS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That works for me, thanks!

0 Likes