How to bring a WICED SDK into a SINGLE clean project of IAR Embedded Workspace

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed WICED-SDK-3.5.2 supported IAR Embedded Workspace and haved read seyhan's <<How to bring a WICED SDK into Eclipse>>.

Can seyhan show us how to bring a WICED SDK into IAR Embedded Workspace?

The best is to build a clean project we can compiled and download,such as 'snip.scan-BCM943364WCD1_EVB'.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found this message at WICED Software Development Kit 3.5.2 is now available...​:

* Features not yet supported in WICED-SDK-3.5.2

- IAR Embedded Workspace native support

I guess that makes it expected behavior.

-Kurt

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

got it!

thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

Do you find a way to solve this Issue? I got same problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that ST has done such a model example,in the STM32F411_Nucleo+BCM43362 development kit (as shown).

But unfortunately, I did not find this example code.

In addition, unfortunately, they seem to cut down the core components,ThreadX.

WICED compilation process is too slow, hope Broadcom official to be able to provide a  Mini IAR example.

1.jpg

2.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hints for a clean IAR project or any other toolchain. BC uses SDPCM packets over physical SDIO or SPI interface. SDPCM packets encapsulate the ethernet frames in case of raw data to send. SDPCM packets are also used to send config i/o comands on built-in SDIO functions. These SDIO functions are defined in the header "chip_constants.h" for each device. The function wwd_network_send_ethernet data() begins the proccess on data. It recieves ther Ethernet frame structure settting QoS  flags. Finally it pass down to wwd_sdpcm_send_common () function. This one builds the SDPCM packet to send adding header and tail(?) and finally buffering. Then it notifies to the RTOS thread about this availability, If there is not RTOS working then the wwd_thread_send_one_packet() has to be called in user code.

After that, a call to wwd_bus_sdio_transfer() chooses between SDIO CMD52 (mono) or CMD53 (multi) command to send. Both wwd_bus_sdio_cmd52() and wwd_bus_sdio_cmd53() call the host_platform_sdio_transfer() already at microcontroller driver level. The SDIO transmission config is totally filled and the packet is sent using the microcontroller driver. All these neccesary functions are implemented in wwd_sdpcm.c, wwd_thread.c and wwd_sdio.c with dependence on platform_mcu_powersave.c and wwd_chip_specific_functions() . The calls in wwd_sdio functions are not ST32CubeMX compliant at this moments, I think. You have to use the Wiced included drivers or re-building for those lower driver functions. There are a lot of header files to include scattered through the folder tree of the Wiced SDK. You can choose an "include all" approach or alternatively searching for them on trial and compiler error.  And this is only all about a raw sent supposing a platform already "init" and "on".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Main.jpg

This is the WWD "universe" to scan, join, send and receive. Calls to use from user.c in uppercase. And callbacks are shown with this name among the parenthesis. Best entry point is wwd_network_send_ethernet_data() to use QoS. The main exit from the driver was the callback host_network_proccess_ethernet_data() to implement in user.c . P.D. I erased my previous message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Init.jpg

Finally the Init path. It is executed when the user code calls to wwd_management_wifi_on(). Notes: 1) semaphores for Rtos are not included, could be commented. 2) a working STM32 peripheral drivers library is neccesary (not shown in graphics). 3) gSPI could be selected as alternate transport if the correct pin is exposed (GPIO_0: see device datasheet).

kujec_2155466
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

In WICED SDK 3.5.2 in the main README.TXT file, near line 302 we find the following text:

Instructions to use the IAR toolchain are provided in a README located in the

following directory: <WICED-SDK>/Tools/IAR

However, when I look into \WICED-SDK-3.5.2\WIDEC-SDK\tools, there is no directory there named IAR there.

Similarly, trying to use make iar_project at the command line fails, presumably because this directory is missing.  The main make file appears to have support for this build target if you look inside of it.

Is this expected behavior, or did I perhaps fail to download something additional to enable these tools that appear to be able to automate creation of an IAR workspace?

-Kurt

0 Likes

Found this message at WICED Software Development Kit 3.5.2 is now available...​:

* Features not yet supported in WICED-SDK-3.5.2

- IAR Embedded Workspace native support

I guess that makes it expected behavior.

-Kurt

sugac_3385211
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

We are working on morata  LBEE5PA1LD-005 this particular SOC has STM32F412 microcontroller + CYW43438 mircocontroller,we want to integrate WICED SDK with existing IAR project.

Is thereany librariy file of WICED SDK ? 

Is there any step to include the source of WICED SDK into IAR ?

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Likes