How set CYW43907 Soft AP only on 5 GHz Band?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OlKa_3358896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi. Is it possible start Soft AP on 5GHz Band?

I found function wwd_wifi_set_preferred_association_band, but it set band only for Station interface.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can build the test.console example and use the start_ap command.

>start_ap testap wpa2 12345678 36 20

The channel number is 36 (You can set it based on the allowed channels in 5GHz) which is followed by the bandwidth "20". You can check the status using status command in the same example

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can build the test.console example and use the start_ap command.

>start_ap testap wpa2 12345678 36 20

The channel number is 36 (You can set it based on the allowed channels in 5GHz) which is followed by the bandwidth "20". You can check the status using status command in the same example

Thanks! It work. But I can`t find how function int start_ap( int argc, char* argv[] ) set band. It just write channel to DCT table. I want implement this in my custom application. Any suggestion where I must search information about this?

0 Likes

Also I find out that command

>start_ap testap wpa2 12345678 1

starts access point based on 802.11n protocol. I can`t find how int start_ap( int argc, char* argv[] ) do this.

When I start AP in my application it works only based on 802.11g protocol.

0 Likes

You can check the implementation in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/utilities/command_console/wifi/command_console_wifi.c folder. If you want the AP to be setup in 11n mode, you can call wwd_wifi_set_11n_support() API, prior to which you need to call wiced_wifi_down() and then call the start+Ap. Refer to 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/WWD/include/wwd_wifi.h for further information on how to use wwd_wifi_set_11n_support()

I put "printf" to wwd_wifi_set_11n_support, and it never called in test.console application. AlsoI used debug and wwd_wifi_set_11n_support never called.

0 Likes

wwd_wifi_set_11n_support API was specifically intended for your use-case since you are seeing a 11g softap whereas you want to set the AP up in 11n mode (at-least that's what the suggestion was meant for). If start_ap serves your purpose, please continue to do so; otherwise you have to create your own implementation for any other customization.

I compared console application and my. Found 1 difference: my project doesn`t have "makefile" file. It has only one row "include modus.mk". I add this file to my project and now it working based on 802.11n protocol). Can you tell my why without this file it don`t work?)

0 Likes

Sorry, it is not depend on makefile. I also changed country code. So if country code was US, access point started based on 802.11n protocol. But if country code was UA, it started based on 802.11g protocol.