For exFAT support, use filesystems/FileX/exFAT (for licensees only)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hello.

I open "snip/sd_filesystem"

At row 49 of the file "sd_filesystem.mk" I read this line ...

"# For exFAT support, use filesystems/FileX/exFAT (for licensees only)"

Have I to buy particular licence for  exFAT ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hello,

exFAT is the Microsoft-developed file system that’s used in Windows and in many types of storage devices like SD Cards and USB flash drives. Based on the information available in the Microsoft website, you require license. You can visit Microsoft legal page on exFAT licensing. You can contact Microsoft on this subject, because I think they would be the main authority on this. You can refer to the following link as well for exFAT licensing- GitHub - azure-rtos/filex: Azure RTOS FileX is a high-performance, FAT-compatible file system that’s...

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B

Hello,

exFAT is the Microsoft-developed file system that’s used in Windows and in many types of storage devices like SD Cards and USB flash drives. Based on the information available in the Microsoft website, you require license. You can visit Microsoft legal page on exFAT licensing. You can contact Microsoft on this subject, because I think they would be the main authority on this. You can refer to the following link as well for exFAT licensing- GitHub - azure-rtos/filex: Azure RTOS FileX is a high-performance, FAT-compatible file system that’s...

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

But 

I see that I can format 128GB-uSD with NTFS.

WICED can support NTFS ?

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

No, WICED doesn't support NTFS and the reason again is similar. It's a proprietary filesystem developed by Microsoft and it would require license.

Thanks

Aditi