Firmware upgrade of CYW54907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kach_1524451
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please let me know or guide me with some documentation, so i can perform firmware upgrade of CYW54907.

In my project no FTDI chip set like, CYW954907AEVAL1F Evaluation kit.

I am an 8 bit MCU, which uart TX & RX connected with CYW54907 RX & TX respectively.

I want to know, if i want to perform firmware upgrade like above HW setup, how i can achieve this.

by the way, i don't want to use over the air firmware upgrade.

Thank you.

With Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KS_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Currently we do not have a UART bootloader available by default from WICED Studio but here are the steps that i would do if i have been given the same problem.

1. Use apps/waf/bootloader.c and merge sflash_write snip to the same.

2. Add UART write and read function to the same.

3. Use PC and write a python script to test if read and write works perfectly.

4. Convert python code in PC to corresponding driver in your 8 bit MCU and test the same.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi :

please have a reference on this thread.

F/W Download through USB port or UART port

and suggest you to design one customized download board for firmware update if your project just started.

0 Likes

Hi zhez,

I am starting this project, But i want a clear information from you.

When i see "update firmware using FTDI chip" is it meaning using FTDI as JTAG interface to CYW54907 for firmware upgrade? Or FTDI can perform firmware upgrade only using FTDI_UART_TX and FTDI_UART_RX lines.

Thank you.

With Regards.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi:

Writing an Image to Microprocessor Flash

The WICED SDK build system uses the OpenOCD utility to download images via USB JTAG to the microprocessor flash on the WICED device. By default, the SDK hides these commands, full output is otherwise available by adding

“VERBOSE=1” to an application build string. For factory programming, a review of just the commands required to write images to the flash is provided in this section.

please have a look at our factory document in sdk release.

KS_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Currently we do not have a UART bootloader available by default from WICED Studio but here are the steps that i would do if i have been given the same problem.

1. Use apps/waf/bootloader.c and merge sflash_write snip to the same.

2. Add UART write and read function to the same.

3. Use PC and write a python script to test if read and write works perfectly.

4. Convert python code in PC to corresponding driver in your 8 bit MCU and test the same.

Hi kavs,

thanks for your guidance.

can you let me know any document, where the type of files, what is the loading address, etc specified?

Let say, i build my project in WICED, then i will have several files, which need to be loaded in specific location, i need details of those.

Also, it will be helpful, while flashing those files, is there any specific procedure need to be follow?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi,

43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/CYW954907AEVAL1F/normal_image_defines.mk is a good place to get loading address for the External memory layout. You can also add VERBOSE=1 in make target to get detailed list of exact address.