External Memory of CYW43907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaGo_2353976
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hi,

If the customer would like to connect external memory as instruction ROM with CYW43907,

Q1: which interface can the customer use? e,g SPI or other?

Q2: how much is the maximum memory size to expand memory size of ROM by external memory.

Thank you.

--TAK

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Based on my understanding, you want to expand the external memory of CYW43907. The easiest option is to change the SPI flash to a bigger size SPI flash, size of which is limited to 64 MB. The list of supported flash can be found at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/peripherals/spi_flash/spi_flash.h

Please update the thread if you are looking for help in a different direction which I did not really understand.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Based on my understanding, you want to expand the external memory of CYW43907. The easiest option is to change the SPI flash to a bigger size SPI flash, size of which is limited to 64 MB. The list of supported flash can be found at 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/peripherals/spi_flash/spi_flash.h

Please update the thread if you are looking for help in a different direction which I did not really understand.

0 Likes