Does WICED support bluetooth for CYW4343W?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TsLa_3300966
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any one knows how to build 43xxx_Wi-Fi\apps\demo\dual_hf_a2dp for CYW4343W?

Since there is no files for CYW4343W under libraries\drivers\bluetooth\firmware.

I use WICED Studio 6.2

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi  Lan:

Only 20706A2 and 43012 will support both controller/embedded mode ,Rest of the BT chips support controller mode only.

and if you are using 4343WWCD1 for the function, please disable USE_BT_EMBED_MODE in the makefile,  your compile error is due to this define.

Actually,  seems this function is not default supported with 4343W chip,   if you have 43907 evb,  please use this evb for the function verification,thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi  Lan:

4343W should use 43438A1 firmware for the compile.    This is defined in the platforms folder.

and which evb you are using now ?

0 Likes

Hi zhez,

I use CYW94343WWCD1_EVB.

0 Likes

Hi Lan:

26M is  for CYW94343WWCD1_EVB .

0 Likes

Hi zhez,

I make a target named "demo.dual_hf_a2dp_CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download download_apps run"

But it fail to build.

Could you tell me how to solve. Thanks.

The build console message as following,

14:21:05 **** Build of configuration Default for project 43xxx_Wi-Fi ****

"C:\\Users\\tseming\\Documents\\WICED-Studio-6.2\\43xxx_Wi-Fi\\make.exe" demo.dual_hf_a2dp-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download download_apps run

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=demo.dual_hf_a2dp-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download download_apps run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Making config file for first time

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   |

|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  |

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     |

| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   |

|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  |

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

"Embedded Stack"

././libraries/drivers/bluetooth/wiced_hci_bt/wiced_hci_bt_src.mk

../wiced_hci_bt/

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=demo.dual_hf_a2dp-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB download download_apps run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Building Bootloader

Finished Building Bootloader

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target 'libraries/drivers/bluetooth/firmware/43438A1/26MHz/bt_firmware_embedded_headset.c', needed by 'build/demo.dual_hf_a2dp-CYW94343WWCD1_EVB/Modules/./libraries/drivers/bluetooth/firmware/43438A1/26MHz/bt_firmware_embedded_headset.o'.  Stop.

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

14:21:08 Build Finished (took 3s.264ms)

0 Likes

Hi  Lan:

Only 20706A2 and 43012 will support both controller/embedded mode ,Rest of the BT chips support controller mode only.

and if you are using 4343WWCD1 for the function, please disable USE_BT_EMBED_MODE in the makefile,  your compile error is due to this define.

Actually,  seems this function is not default supported with 4343W chip,   if you have 43907 evb,  please use this evb for the function verification,thanks.

Hi ehez,

Thanks for your reply to disable USE_BT_EMBED_MODE.

I know CYW94343WWCD1_EVB doesn't default support WICED_USE_AUDIO

Now I intend  to use peripheral SPI2 (I2S2) from J7 header to connect external DAC board, and try to make the platform supported audio function.

Is it possible for CYW94343WWCD1_EVB?

0 Likes

Hi zhez,

I found there is no "bt_firmware_embedded_headset.c" in libraries\drivers\bluetooth\firmware\43438A1\26MHz, but only in libraries\drivers\bluetooth\firmware\20706A2\

How to solve it?

0 Likes