Do we need to tie unused interface inputs on the CYW43907?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeFe_4295646
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

There are a few interfaces we're not using in our design.  Is there a list of what to do with unused inputs or I/O lines on SDIO, MII, S/PDIF, or USB interfaces?  Are they internally pulled to safe / idle states, or do they need to be manually strapped?  If they need to be tied, are resistors required or can we connect directly to VIO/GND?  I realize this may depend on the signal / interface signal, but a list of what to do with unused signals would be very helpful.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello SeFe_4295646

I can't find a document to describe the unused I/O interface, since they are standard communication interface, normally,

we recommend:

1. Input,    need a pull-up resistance to VIO.
  2. Output,  can be floating.
  3. I/O , we can configure them after chip reset .

if there have questions , please correct me, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that I found a similar thread here: https://community.cypress.com/message/183272#183272

Maybe the Applications Team can confirm this is the correct approach for the unused pins.

0 Likes
SeFe_4295646
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Ya seems that would apply, thanks for the find, didn't come up on my searches.  Will watch to see if there's confirmation.

0 Likes

Hello SeFe_4295646

I can't find a document to describe the unused I/O interface, since they are standard communication interface, normally,

we recommend:

1. Input,    need a pull-up resistance to VIO.
  2. Output,  can be floating.
  3. I/O , we can configure them after chip reset .

if there have questions , please correct me, thanks.