Differences Between WICED Modules, Processing Overhead

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking at WICED modules from different vendors and was wondering what exactly the differences between the modules are. Is the difference only in flash memory and ram, or is there differences in clock speed of the M3 core in the interface microcontroller?

Additionally, what is the overhead required in interfacing with the BCM43362? I am considering streaming AES128 encrypted 8 bit audio at around 8k samples/second, would this be possible on the host microcontroller of the WICED module?

I was also wondering if there will be any capability to interface with I^2S microphones. I heard mention of some I^2S support being introduced in the next release of the SDK, but I do not know to what extent.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

wbraun,

yes absolutely. I dont know which vendors you are talking about but for the ACKme modules the cores run at different speeds. The core selection, ROM and RAM all make up a certian portion of the cost of goods and ACKme tries to make a selection of different modules so that you aren't forced into a single solution, instead you have a solution dialed into what you are trying to do.

By example, the Wallaby AMW006 module's core is 120MHz whereas the Numbat AMW006 modules is at 84MHz. This means that the Wallaby is quite the Ferrari, whereas the Numbat is more your everyday IoT solution. In otherwords, the Wallaby is great for cameras, and Numbat is great for your toaster oven

All the ACKme modules however are designed around batteries. ACKme modules are the lowest power solutions on the market today.

N

jasonrc

ACKme Networks

WICED Wi-Fi Forums

WICED Wi-Fi

Macnica

GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Weston, do you have any follow up questions?

0 Likes