Debug writing app WWD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I writing a small app to test function WWD:

#include "lwip/opt.h"

#include "lwip/icmp.h"

#include "lwip/inet_chksum.h"

#include "lwip/sockets.h"

#include "lwip/mem.h"

#include "lwip/inet.h"

#include "netif/etharp.h"

#include "ipv4/lwip/ip.h"

#include "lwip/tcpip.h"

#include "lwip/dhcp.h"

#include "wwd_network.h"

#include "wwd_management.h"

#include "wwd_wifi.h"

#include "wwd_debug.h"

#include "wwd_assert.h"

#include "platform/wwd_platform_interface.h"

#include "RTOS/wwd_rtos_interface.h"

#include "wwd_buffer_interface.h"

#define COUNTRY             WICED_COUNTRY_UNITED_STATES

int main( void )

{

wwd_result_t result;

/* Initialise Wiced */

WPRINT_APP_INFO(("Starting Wiced v" WICED_VERSION "\n"));

wwd_buffer_init( NULL);

result = wwd_management_wifi_on( COUNTRY );

if ( result != WWD_SUCCESS )

{

WPRINT_APP_INFO(("Error %d while starting WICED!\n", result));

}

}

but with kit BCM94343W_AVN it always build with error dct wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_erase_non_current_dct':
Could you please help me to solve this problem
Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

What are you trying to achieve?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to get ethernet packet using WWD directly

0 Likes

Hi, ntvinh

Have you find a way to fix your build errors? ("but with kit BCM94343W_AVN it always build with error dct wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_erase_non_current_dct'")

Can you share your experience?

Hi, seyhan

Could you provide some help with the error messages below?

What I'm trying to do is let apps/wwd/scan supports BCM94343W_AVN platform.

And I see error msgs like this : ()

Making wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX.elf

build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_finish_new_dct':

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:635: undefined reference to `dct2_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:635: undefined reference to `dct1_size_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:635: undefined reference to `dct1_start_addr_loc'

build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_erase_non_current_dct':

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:1113: undefined reference to `dct1_size_loc'

build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_internal_dct_update':

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:860: undefined reference to `dct1_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:860: undefined reference to `dct2_start_addr_loc'

build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_dct_internal_common.o): In function `wiced_dct_get_current_address':

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:1061: undefined reference to `dct1_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:1061: undefined reference to `dct1_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:1061: undefined reference to `dct2_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_internal_common.c:1061: undefined reference to `dct1_size_loc'

build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/libraries/STM32F4xx.a(wiced_dct_update.o): In function `wiced_dct_update_header_to_current':

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_update.c:227: undefined reference to `dct1_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_update.c:227: undefined reference to `dct2_start_addr_loc'

/Users/xavieryin/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-4.0.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_dct_update.c:227: undefined reference to `dct2_start_addr_loc'

make[1]: *** [build/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX/binary/wwd.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-ThreadX-NetX.elf] Error 1

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

I didn't modify MCU .ld files, they're all stock SDK 4.0.1

I thought they' should be defined in places such as WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/GCC/STM32F411/*.ld like this

MEMORY

{

BTLDR_VECTORS    (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x08000000, LENGTH = 512

SHARED_API       (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x08000200, LENGTH = 512

BTLDR_CODE       (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x08000400, LENGTH = 15K

DCT1_FLASH       (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x08004000, LENGTH = 16K

DCT2_FLASH       (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x08008000, LENGTH = 16K

APP_CODE         (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x0800C000, LENGTH = 464K

SRAM             (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 128K

BTLDR_SRAM       (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x2001BC00, LENGTH = 17k       /* Boot loader stack at the end. */

}

And through the below expression in other .ld

PROVIDE( dct2_size_loc           = LENGTH( DCT2_FLASH ));

But I still don't understand why I get "undefined reference" errors on above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, xavier@candyhouse,

Have you solve this problem?

How did you solve this?

0 Likes

I simply avoid to reference sample code "apps/wwd/xxx".

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's too bad that is not able to use wwd directly!

0 Likes