Can CYW43438 support multiple ports at the same time?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Leo_liu1
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi Sir,

We use cyw43438 in STA mode,connect to an AP.

Now we want to establish multiple ports,like HTTPS,MQTT at the same time,can cyw43438 support this?

I have only found single demo like HTTPS in WICED,do we have demo with multiple ports?

Thanks.

BR,

Leo

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello LeLi_3670906

I worked on an application that creates timed events of 2 TCP ports on a single TCP socket and a UDP port on a UDP socket all running on the STA interface.

Running multiple protocols on different ports of a single socket isn't possible as far as i'm aware as the underlying socket structure is itself different.

But different protocols can be run on the interface simultaneously.

Attached is an example of TCP and UDP running simultaneously.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Murali_R

Hello LeLi_3670906

I haven't particularly tried both HTTPS and MQTT at the same time, but tried TCP and UDP at the same time by using the WICED_STA_INTERFACE and the WICED_AP_INTERFACE at the same time(by creating 2 rtos timed events) and it worked. Ideally it should go through for HTTPS and MQTT simultaneously, although i'm not sure as this hasn't been tested. I will give this a try and see, if this goes through. Which is the host processor that is being used along with the 43438? 

There's no demo as of now which deals with multiple ports for the same socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Murali,

Our processor is inter MA2450.

BTW,cyw43438 is single band,considering the lack of bandwidth,we were recommended not to use both AP and STA mode at the same time.

So,please help to try if multiple ports go through just in STA mode.

Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Murali_R

Hello LeLi_3670906

I worked on an application that creates timed events of 2 TCP ports on a single TCP socket and a UDP port on a UDP socket all running on the STA interface.

Running multiple protocols on different ports of a single socket isn't possible as far as i'm aware as the underlying socket structure is itself different.

But different protocols can be run on the interface simultaneously.

Attached is an example of TCP and UDP running simultaneously.

Thanks

Hi MuraliR_36

Thanks for your try,it helps me a lot.

0 Likes