CYW943907AEVAL1F debugging problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I'm starting to use the CYW943907AEVAL1F tool and I followed the instructions on the "CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Kit User Guide". Nevertheless, I'm having problems with the debug session. I'm compiling the options:

kits.CYW943907AEVAL1F.adc_measure-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug download

And I'm on a Linux host computer.

Upon debugging session launch I'm getting the following from the debug console:

[New Thread -1]

Warning: the current language does not match this frame.

81     LDR        r10, =SYS_CTRL_INIT_VAL /* Assign value to r10 */

I get that as soon as I launch the debug session. In spite of that, the debugger goes to the code on the start_GCC.S and I can single step through the code. Then I put a breakpoint on the call to the _start function and execute to that point. Everything fine so far.

Then, on the function _start, stepping over through the code takes forever, which is the second issue. Normally it should be instantaneous. So I step over _start_low( ); and

_start_platform_init( ); and go into main( );

On main( ), when I try to step over the line

xTaskCreate( (TaskFunction_t) system_monitor_thread_main, "system monitor", SYSTEM_MONITOR_THREAD_STACK_SIZE/sizeof( portSTACK_TYPE ), NULL, RTOS_HIGHEST_PRIORITY, &system_monitor_thread_handle);

The execution gets stuck, this is, it never steps over the function and if I hit pause I get the error:

[New Thread 5474072]

Error detected on fd 9

Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Quit

Does anyone know why I am experiencing this?

Regards.

Manuel Malagon

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The language that is used could be known by typing in info frame or show language in the debug console. It would be set to auto in which case you could ignore the warning. Stepping over some API's might take longer because of the dependencies. And for xTaskCreate, are you trying stepping into or stepping over. Stepping over works but stepping into sometimes throws the same error you pointed out. I assume that (correct me if i am wrong)Stepping into xTaskCreate(which kicks the watchdog) might throw up an error because the WICED System Monitor thread periodically kicks/feeds the watchdog . It might be the case that the watchdog had already been kicked and might be in some intermediate state before your application tries to reset it again leading to a crash.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The language that is used could be known by typing in info frame or show language in the debug console. It would be set to auto in which case you could ignore the warning. Stepping over some API's might take longer because of the dependencies. And for xTaskCreate, are you trying stepping into or stepping over. Stepping over works but stepping into sometimes throws the same error you pointed out. I assume that (correct me if i am wrong)Stepping into xTaskCreate(which kicks the watchdog) might throw up an error because the WICED System Monitor thread periodically kicks/feeds the watchdog . It might be the case that the watchdog had already been kicked and might be in some intermediate state before your application tries to reset it again leading to a crash.

Anonymous
Not applicable

vnak that happens both stepping over and stepping into xTaskCreate creates the error. Could you please help me know how I can disable the watchdog in order to debug successfully?

0 Likes

Have you tried using the macro WICED_DISABLE_WATCHDOG in you application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

vnak I didn't know I could do that. Where do I specify that? In what file?

Thanks!

0 Likes
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Just put GLOBAL_DEFINES    += WICED_DISABLE_WATCHDOG in the application makefile.