CYW943907 - Amazon FreeRTOS OTA support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EyLa_3227556
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

Per Amazon doc, CYW943907AEVAL1F is not supported by many of the libraries required for full IoT functionality.

Primarily I'm talking about OTA

Is there any example project/tutorial demonstring how OTA can be performed using the AWS cloud service?

Same question goes for other IoT related services such as security, TCP etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

In the latest version of Cypress FreeRTOS derivative (202007.00 ModusToolbox WW2041), CYW943907AEVAL1F  support is officially added. And the OTA demo is ready, too.

Charles_Lai_0-1710230732142.png

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Charles_Lai

Hi,

I haven't done a complete research but Cypress seems to be maintaining its own derived version of amazon-freeRTOS currently. (It's basically a trimmed and altered version from the official amazon-freeRTOS?)

And from the latest release's What'sNew I saw this:

pastedImage_0.png

I tested with this release and sadly it didn't contain the exact OTA demo for CYW943907AEVAL1F yet. But I recommend it to you and hope you would find something else useful that could help you with security, TCP, etc.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sincere regards from​ C. L.

0 Likes

Thanks for your response.

So, would you recommend to work (and adapt) this Cypress derived version of FreeRTOS instead the 'normal' version (as described in series on using Amazon FreeRTOS with 43907)?

Thanks again

0 Likes

I will recommend the Cypress-derived version to you because this version always keeps up with what Cypress expect of amazon-freeRTOS.

But at most of the times you shouldn't feel any difference because the 'normal' version should sync with the Cypress-derived version eventually. It's just that the 'normal' version sometimes may not update and pull the newest changes of Cypress or some other minor configurations.

Sincere regards from​ C. L.

0 Likes

OK,

What does it takes to port the OTA demo provided with the Cypress FreeRTOS derivative to CYW943907AEVAL1F?

Thanks

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Hi,

In the latest version of Cypress FreeRTOS derivative (202007.00 ModusToolbox WW2041), CYW943907AEVAL1F  support is officially added. And the OTA demo is ready, too.

Charles_Lai_0-1710230732142.png

Best regards

0 Likes