CYW54907 - is there a way to set a GPIO to be active when the radio is transmitting?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

When CYW54907 is in AP mode, it will be in transmit and then receive and then again in transmit mode and so on. We are looking for a method, through which inside WICED we can know, the Rf is in transmit or in receive side. By default the transmit beacon we can get in every 100msec. We are trying to trigger some other equipment ( to perform other measurements) with this transmit as trigger.

So our objective is get to know when RF is in transmit mode and switch a GPIO, which will send trigger signal to external equipment.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello:

Currently, we have no this feature added in firmware, so it is not supported now.

Would you please find if any other way can match your test needs ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

We have a Coexistence interface, seems the function is similar as you asked.

Is coexistence the aim of your pull-up of GPIO ?  I am worried the high frequency of GPIO act will influence the throughput of AP.

So what is the period of the request ?  If Every TX packet needs a act of GPIO.

pastedImage_0.png

Coexistence interface is different from what we are looking for.

For example, AP always beacon for 100msec. We need to know when AP about to transmit AP beacon and when it finish transmit AP beacon. If you can provide me that information in a GPIO, it will help us to trigger another external test & measurement instrument to perform some specific measurements.  This is only for testing.  It will not be used in the final production FW.

0 Likes

Hello:

So sorry,  I can't find such api in current code .

I will try to escalate the request to my team .

Hello:

Currently, we have no this feature added in firmware, so it is not supported now.

Would you please find if any other way can match your test needs ?

0 Likes