CYW54907 Reset reason

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hoainguyen265
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I want to get reset reason when app boot up but not found any Wiced API or something related in WICED document about how to get reset reason? Anyone can help?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Would you please describe more details?  Most resets are caused by stack corruption, bad PC address visits.

I suggest you can compile a default snip from our release to see if it has a reset also. 

Firstly, thanks for your reply,

I mean this is not a bug or an issue, i just wonder about how to get reset reason in WICED API or something related to get the reset reason like: Power cycle, WDT reset, Soft Reboot ... 

0 Likes
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Yes, we have a register to show the reason for the last reset, but it is not open to the application layer, if you really met a hang or reset and can't find the correct reason, we should have a way to dump out the log to track the issue. 

0 Likes

@Zhengbao_Zhang wrote:

Hello:

Yes, we have a register to show the reason for the last reset, but it is not open to the application layer

If it's not open to the application layer it is not helpful.
For example, when customers complaint the device occasionally reset/hang at random time but the developer cannot reproduce the issue, it would be helpful to know the reset/hang reason.

Any chance to provide an API to know the reset reason after device reboot.

0 Likes