CYW43907 programming from external processor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaSh_283021
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We want to program flash of CYW43907 via UART or SPI from another micro processor.

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Sapan Shah

0 Likes
6 Replies
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi

Do you want to use the external processor as something like JTAG/SWD to program the chip?

Regards

Yash

0 Likes

Hi,

We want to program flash of CYW43907 via STM32 or MT3620 processor.

Thanks and Regards,

Sapan Shah

0 Likes
YashM

Please clarify few things:

If you are connecting STM32 (let's say) with 43907 via SPI or UART then how are you connecting the STM32 with WICED?

Are you planning to use the ST-Link debugger? If yes, please check this blog https://community.cypress.com/community/software-forums/wiced-wifi/wiced-wifi-forums/blog/2018/10/10...

It would be good if you can explain the connections (or application) in detail if my above assumptions are not true.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

We have

STM32H745 is connected to CYW43907 via SPI. We and MT3620 is connected to STM32H745 via SPI.

We want to upgrade CYW43907 via STM32H745 or MT3620.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks and Regards,

Sapan Shah

0 Likes
YashM

Note: We haven't tested the above method which you are asking for.

Also, WICED SDK is not available for such embedded processors and hence you have to download all the WICED generated binaries for 43907 manually onto STM32 and program the 43907 via SPI. This can be achieved theoretically by doing the following:

1. If you intend to use an SPI connection then you can program the sflash of 43907 via SPI (from STM to 43907). But this needs to be done very carefully, if it loads the content in the wrong location then the 43907 might not boot up properly. You can replicate the procedure of CYW43907 EVAL board's programming by checking at the detailed log files of openOCD, there you might be able to see the correct sflash location (please enable the VERBOSE in makefile). Again, this would be a long and trouble-some approach to program the chip.

Can you please let me know how are you intending to use the WICED because the environment is made to download the code via JTAG/SWD?

0 Likes
hibh_4839301
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello @YashM ,
I am also trying to do the same thing mentioned by @SaSh_283021 . I captured the logs from the Wiced Studio IDE when I Program the chip using JTAG.

From the logs I understood that I need to write below generated binaries.

1) APPS.bin at 0x00010000 location, 

2) DCT.bin at 0x00008000 location

3) filesystem.bin at 69632

I tried flashed above bonaries using openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe command line tool. But after that the boot is not booting up.

Can you help me to understand the issue?

Thanks,

Hiren

0 Likes