CYW43907 performance in AP mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErZo_4003261
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi All,

When I did iperf in STA mode in 5G, I was able to get 130 Mbps (UDP) with a PC on Ethernet.

I would like to know if there is any known performance hit if I config the 43907 in AP mode (5G),  and have a tablet join the 43907 soft-AP, and make a UDP connection from 43907 to the tablet.   

Will I be able to obtain at least 32 Mbps for such connection?  There is no other device joining the AP. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

The throughput can be impacted through various parameters. Mostly, it's the environment where you're setting your setup. It depends on the no. of devices joining the AP, noise, interference, distance from the client device to the AP, packet loss, etc..

I would suggest that you carry out the test and then can configure/change the required parameters to get the specified throughput.

Thanks

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

I'll confirm with the internal team and will revert back

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
mineronarrow
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Aditi,

Do you have any update information?

Will I encounter any throughput impact when I run in AP mode, while there is only one connection?

Thanks

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

The throughput can be impacted through various parameters. Mostly, it's the environment where you're setting your setup. It depends on the no. of devices joining the AP, noise, interference, distance from the client device to the AP, packet loss, etc..

I would suggest that you carry out the test and then can configure/change the required parameters to get the specified throughput.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes