CYW43907 WLAN bus lockup - system monitor tie in?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

In the system_monitor_thread_main, the comment mentions the capability of monitoring for bus/token timeout but I do not see any implementation of  this. Is there a simple/easy method to implement this and can it be done with the CYW43907?

I have some rare lock up conditions around failures where the WLAN core or internal bus has stopped working/responding. This issue seems to be amplified when Aruba AP's issue deauth messages either during roaming or prior to an AP going offline/rebooting. One example, I have tracked down that a join command permanently blocked until power cycling. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you see any logs that gets printed on the terminal when this situation happens or is it that nothing happens and the setup just gets stuck? If there are any debug logs, please provide them to us to debug the issue.

Also, can you share some snapshots of the join command getting blocked, probably callstack when you run the setup in debugger mode ?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

In addition to my previous response, how have you confirmed that this issue occurs when WLAN core or internal bus stops responding? Please provide those details as well. Regarding the join command, is it getting blocked during the time when AP is rebooting or during normal join connection?

Thanks

0 Likes