CYW43907 External RAM possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrS_4591811
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello Folks,

I am using this CYW43907 part for my IoT Gateway application.

Now, My IoT application has become utilizing whole internal 2MB RAM of CYW43907.

So, I plan to free up some space of internal RAM by adding a little external RAM. I understood that there is no address/data pins available on the processor to connect external RAM, but still I am hoping to know any other options are available to add external RAM via CSC interface, or some others?

I am kindly looking forward to know is this option possible?

Please provide your support to have some idea on this.

Regards,

Pradeep. S

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If your RAM supports a serial interface such as I2C, you can consider using the CSC interface. However, there are limits in operation. Please refer to section 5.3 CSC and point 2 in section 22.4 Errata in CYW43907 datasheet for more details. Please ensure that your serial interface can comply with the limits.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

If your RAM supports a serial interface such as I2C, you can consider using the CSC interface. However, there are limits in operation. Please refer to section 5.3 CSC and point 2 in section 22.4 Errata in CYW43907 datasheet for more details. Please ensure that your serial interface can comply with the limits.

Thank you Gaurav..

0 Likes