[CYW43455] the FW supported WiFi monitor mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TuJa_4182186
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We need enable the wifi monitor mode on USI/WM-BAC-BM-25(Chpset is CYW43455). The FAE of USI said it must use special FW, and Cypress didn’t released the FW by now. So can you help to check where we can get the FW which can support monitor mode?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, we can support monitor mode.   But I think we need a detailed usage about your monitor .

We have similar usage in WICED release, to filter outs packet from different layer.

/* Demonstrate filters are all zeros to start. */
pktfilter_stats(filter_list, sizeof(filter_list));

/* Enable monitor mode so we will recieve the packets */
wwd_wifi_enable_monitor_mode( );

I think even we use monitor mode on linux , similar filter_list and monitor_enable should be used also.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Are you using WICED to debug 43455 ?

0 Likes

Hello:

No, we wish to devolop based on the linux driver and FW, because we have no experiencs of WICED.

0 Likes

Would you please share the firmware you are using now to me for a check ?

0 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

This project has not yet begun, and we have no firmware now. We just want to confirm whether we can get the FW that can support wifi monitor mode. It will decide whether we can use this module(USI/WM-BAC-BM-25).

0 Likes

Yes, we can support monitor mode.   But I think we need a detailed usage about your monitor .

We have similar usage in WICED release, to filter outs packet from different layer.

/* Demonstrate filters are all zeros to start. */
pktfilter_stats(filter_list, sizeof(filter_list));

/* Enable monitor mode so we will recieve the packets */
wwd_wifi_enable_monitor_mode( );

I think even we use monitor mode on linux , similar filter_list and monitor_enable should be used also.