CYW4343W (murata LBEE5KL1DX) communication with host chip questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I am working on a personal project an I wanted to implement both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and happend to come accros the murata LBEE5KL1DX chip which happend to be based on the CYW4343W.

I have a hard time figuring out how to exactly communication with this chip from a the main CPU (A Zynq in this case) on bare-metal. I have seen that there are linux drivers for it but I would rather not install full linux onto this system. So my question is: is it possible to communicate with this chip bare-metal without and OS?

I have looked into the datasheets (maybe not enough correct me if I am wrong) but I didn't find a way to communicate with the chip.

Thanks in advace for the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Is it possible to communicate with this chip bare-metal without and OS?

A:   For bluetooth part, after all the clock , power supply provided and no problem,

we can wire out uart interface for specific HCI control with CYbluetool via PC usb convert UART interface.

For wifi , it really needs a  OS to integrate DHD driver. 

If you are using Linux based system and luckily you have a SDIO interface in your PC,  you can have a try to install DHD driver in your system to control 4343W wifi.   but it is recommended to get all the support driver, nv, fw from module maker .

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang

Hello:

Is it possible to communicate with this chip bare-metal without and OS?

A:   For bluetooth part, after all the clock , power supply provided and no problem,

we can wire out uart interface for specific HCI control with CYbluetool via PC usb convert UART interface.

For wifi , it really needs a  OS to integrate DHD driver. 

If you are using Linux based system and luckily you have a SDIO interface in your PC,  you can have a try to install DHD driver in your system to control 4343W wifi.   but it is recommended to get all the support driver, nv, fw from module maker .

Zhengbao_Zhang

and:

The PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT) is a low-cost hardware platform that enables design and debug of the PSoC 62 MCU and the Murata LBEE5KL1DX Module (CYW4343W WiFi + Bluetooth Combo Chip).

This is a good choice to start the wifi and bt debugging based on our official released SDK .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the PSoC® 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT) run some kind of linux OS than when it communicates with the chip or does it run a lightweight RTOS? Sorry for the stupid questions by the way and thanks for the swift responce on the original question.

0 Likes

hello:

It runs RTOS like Threadx or FreeRTOS in the release.