CYW4343W Unknown Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoMc_863046
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I keep getting a 36480 (0x8E80) error returned from wiced_tcp_stream_read_with_count() and wiced_tcp_receive().

How do I determine what his error means?  This error causes the connection to be closed.  When downloading a binary file, I have to keep re-connecting and re-starting the download where I left off.  To make it more interesting, this happens often when connected to a WiFi router (WPA2) of various models but does not happen at all when connected to an Android (Verizon) hot spot.

Please let me know what other information would be beneficial for me to share.

Laird STerling EWB ( Cypress CYW4343W + STM32F412)

Wiced Studio 6.6

Regards,

-Rocko

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Actually your applicant seems like our OTA process,  but usage may have  differences,  did you try not to modify any POOL and stack size to check if the issue still happens  ?  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang

Hello:

we can have a compare test, we have a tcp_server or tcp client in the release of the apps/snip folder , 

to see if we can find same error .

0 Likes

@Zhengbao_Zhang 

Helllo,

I compared both tcp_server and tcp_client snips.  Both snips work on my target without error.

-Rocko

0 Likes
RoMc_863046
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

My current GLOBAL_DEFINES.

GLOBAL_DEFINES += TX_PACKET_POOL_SIZE=18 \
                                            RX_PACKET_POOL_SIZE=32
GLOBAL_DEFINES += PBUF_POOL_TX_SIZE=20 \
                                            PBUF_POOL_RX_SIZE=40

Could the issue be related to WICED_TCP_WINDOW_SIZE?

0 Likes
Zhengbao_Zhang

Hello:

Actually your applicant seems like our OTA process,  but usage may have  differences,  did you try not to modify any POOL and stack size to check if the issue still happens  ?  

0 Likes

Zhengbao_Zhang,

I removed the pool and stack modifications and it appears the issue has gone away.  I can now download from other WiFi routers without connection drops.  Thank you!

I added these modifications because they seemed to help at that time.  My code has changed a lot since then.  I am very happy to have this resolved.

Thank you again for your help,

-Rocko

0 Likes