CY8KIT-062-WiFi board, example project fails to build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to build the Voice Recorder for my CY8KIT-062-WiFi board, on a new PSoC 4.2 install under VMWare. It fails to find a generated file that is in the explorer, but it is looking for it in a temp path that does not exist.

It is failing to open

C:\Users\A Smith\AppData\Local\Temp\{ea274054-51ef-47e6-8b5f-a7e019741bb1}\cy_smif_memconfig.h

The path

C:\Users\A Smith\AppData\Local\Temp

exists, but there is no {ea274054-51ef-47e6-8b5f-a7e019741bb1} folder in that path.

I'm assuming this is an initial install configuration issue of some kind, but I can't seem to reconcile it. This is a new install of PSoC 4.2 under VMWare 10.1.3 running on a new MacBook pro. All the analog and digital and API generation proceed fine, and startup_psoc62_cm0plus.c compiles with no errors, but it fails to compile main_cm0p.c.

Any ideas appreciated!

Best,

Andrew Smith

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

No mods, and yes, I had cleaned several times.

I ended up installing Parallels, buying a new copy of Windows 10, and installing the PSoC 62 kit tools in that environment and all is working now. So I don't know where the problem was in VMWare/Win 7 but working for me now.

Best,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Any modification have you done on the original code example? Have you clean the project before building it? Have you ever build project for PSoC6 successfully in your VMWare platform?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

No mods, and yes, I had cleaned several times.

I ended up installing Parallels, buying a new copy of Windows 10, and installing the PSoC 62 kit tools in that environment and all is working now. So I don't know where the problem was in VMWare/Win 7 but working for me now.

Best,

Andrew

0 Likes

Andrew Smith

A similar issue in thread - CE222221 - cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist

Can you help confirm - Is the assumption in it the root cause on your side?

0 Likes