BLE Connection Timeout (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Per the thread mkochhal​ created here: Re: BLE Connection Timeout

I have a similar problem when using RFCOMM and wifi. RFCOMM alone works fine but if I add a call to wiced_init the RFCOMM connection times out.

I'm using the bt_dualmode_server to test adding a wifi connection. Works fine as is. if I add  wiced_init() I get WICED_TIMEOUT in BTM_ENABLED_EVT event in the bt_dualmode_server_management_cback.

I'm using 3.5.2 already and an ISM43341.

void application_start( )

{

/* Initialize Bluetooth controller and host stack */

#ifdef WICED_DCT_INCLUDE_BT_CONFIG

{

/* Configure the Device Name and Class of Device from the DCT */

platform_dct_bt_config_t* dct_bt_config;

wiced_dct_read_lock( (void**) &dct_bt_config, WICED_TRUE, DCT_BT_CONFIG_SECTION, 0, sizeof(platform_dct_bt_config_t) );

WPRINT_APP_INFO( ("WICED DCT BT NAME: %s \r\n", dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_name) );

strlcpy((char*)bluetooth_device_name, (char*)dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_name, sizeof(bluetooth_device_name));

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.device_name = bluetooth_device_name;

WPRINT_APP_INFO( ("WICED DCT BT DEVICE CLASS : %02x %02x %02x\r\n", dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[0],

dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[1],dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[2]) );

memcpy(wiced_bt_cfg_settings.device_class, dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class, sizeof(dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class));

wiced_dct_read_unlock( (void*) dct_bt_config, WICED_TRUE );

}

#endif

wiced_init();

wiced_bt_stack_init( bt_dualmode_server_management_cback, &wiced_bt_cfg_settings, wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools );

}

Thank you.

hugo

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hugo,

Hi.

Can you check if you have allocated sufficiently the BT side mempool buffers for your application ... In my case, I am running BLE + WiFi STA (with MQTT).

const wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pool_t wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools[WICED_BT_CFG_NUM_BUF_POOLS] =

{

/*  { buf_size, buf_count } */

{ 64,       4   },      /* Small Buffer Pool */

{ 360,      4   },      /* Medium Buffer Pool (used for HCI & RFCOMM control messages, min recommended size is 360) */

{ 360,      12  },      /* Large Buffer Pool  (used for HCI ACL messages) */

{ 1024,      4   },      /* Extra Large Buffer Pool - Used for avdt media packets and miscellaneous (if not needed, set buf_count to 0) */

};

Also, in my case it was the module vendor's config for that specific platform that was screwed up. Can you go back to a prior platform definition that seemed to be working with standalone RFComm?

Regards,

Manish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your insight,

Didn't had time to test this yet but will in the next few weeks. I'll keep you informed of my success.

Hugo

0 Likes