[BLE] [3.7.0-3] BTM_ENABLED_EVT error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2112781
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I just got the latest SDK 3.7.0-3 and with this version the BLE stack does not work anymore.

After initialising the stack, I try to scan devices but instead of receiving scan results I get several time the event code BTM_ENABLED_EVT with the status code 0x2 (TIMEOUT) and then 0x1 (PENDING).

Platform: BCM943907AEVAL2F_1

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM943907 is a WIFI only part. I'm not sure how you are managing to use it for BLE. Is the platform that you mentioned the correct one ?

0 Likes

When opening the schematics (platforms/BCM943907AEVAL2F_1/schematics/bcm943907aeval2f_p102.pdf) it is clearly written that the chip is a "BCM43907 & BCM20707- based SiP" and this board works like a charm with version 3.7.0.

0 Likes

So this is a regression report (works in sdk-3.7.0, but does not work in sdk-3.7.0-3)?

0 Likes

Yes it is, it used to work in 3.7.0 and I now have issues with 3.7.0-3

0 Likes
user_2112781
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hello, I come back to this issue as it still occurs in SDK 4.0.0.

When initializing the stack, I will first receive a BTM_ENABLED_EVT 0x0 (SUCCESS).

But then, if I start a scan: around 50% of the time, I won't receive any scan results and the management callback is called with BTM_ENABLED_EVT 0x2 (TIMEOUT).

I really cannot guess what's the behaviour of the stack as the source code is not provided at all.

marmottus wrote:

Hello, I come back to this issue as it still occurs in SDK 4.0.0.

When initializing the stack, I will first receive a BTM_ENABLED_EVT 0x0 (SUCCESS).

But then, if I start a scan: around 50% of the time, I won't receive any scan results and the management callback is called with BTM_ENABLED_EVT 0x2 (TIMEOUT).

I really cannot guess what's the behaviour of the stack as the source code is not provided at all.

mwf_mmfae

0 Likes

The issue persists with SDK 4.0.1

0 Likes

marmottus wrote:

The issue persists with SDK 4.0.1

I don't work for cypress, I guess you want to cc cypress team.

BTW, I think the problem here is no cypress developer step in to ask any

question so the user cannot report more details about the issue.

mifojaeyoung

0 Likes