Android phones not connecting to BCM4343w in AP mode over WPA2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using Murata Type1DX  having BCM4343w. When we program the module to work in AP mode over WPA2 we see that we are able to connect devices like iPhone and windows machines. But we are not able to connect android based phones. The android phone reports that the association did not succeed

We see that when the AP is configured in WEP mode we are able to connect successfully connect android devices.

Is this a known issue with BCM4343?

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The Murata 1DX is a Linux based module (Murata Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux and Android)

Please confirm which Freescale/NXP based i.MX6 development platform you are using so I can move this to the correct forum and assign someone on the Linux apps team to review.

ghouse

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using a CM4 based Renesas platform.

We see that when the module is in AP mode. Windows, Iphone are able to associate with the module. But no andriod phone is able to associate.

0 Likes

Moving back to the WICED Forum as instructed by Murata.

I'm not sure if a port from their Linux based module to WICED is supported.

Ideally, you would leverage the firmware Murata provides with the 1DX module.

vsbseyhangangighouse

0 Likes

saurabhk2​ which application are you running ? Just to confirm is this linux or WICED SDK ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

vik86

We are using WWD (Wicked SDK)

0 Likes

Which particular snip/demo/test application you are flashing on the hardware using WICED SDK ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using WWD interface to put the module in AP mode.

What settings from the code can probably make the AP to not connect android phones and connect IPhone and windows?

0 Likes