About the problem that "BLE connection ⇒ pairing registration" is performed every time with connection by "Central"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hiko_4316286
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

When the device itself is connected to "Central" and the other side (BLE module) is connected to "Peripheral", "BLE connection ⇒ pairing registration" is performed every time, even though there is connection experience.

It is likely that the bonding process has not been successful, so please investigate.

Please refer to the attached file "Report_03172020.xlsx" for details.

Related questions

https://community.cypress.com/message/224025#224025

https://community.cypress.com/thread/51417?start=0&tstart=0

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi hiko_4316286 San,

We have provided new fix files for LE central + IO capability Keyboard issue. Its working fine for us. Please test at your side and let us know if still you are facing any issues. If then probably it will be implementation specific. If then, please provide your project for reproducing at our side.

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi hiko_4316286 ,

1. Regarding thread How to specify your own user passkey  - as mentioned in the thread there is a bug in WICED 6.4 SDK for 4343x LE Central with io capability keyboard. This is escalated internally and our software team is working on a reliable fix. Please check with your FAE for the updates.

2.  Regarding About saving bonding information - I didn't understood the latest issue. Let me go through the report file attached for understanding the issue.

Regards,
Anjana

Hi AnjanaM_61,

> 1. Regarding thread How to specify your own user passkey  …

The modified software has already been received privately.

This QA uses the software received to check for any issues that have occurred.

Please see "●Status" in the attached file

The received file is as follows

・bluetooth_dual_mode.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

・bluetooth_low_energy.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

* Received as operation check software.

It is not attached to this ticket as it may be used by mistake when attached to an open community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi hiko_4316286 ,

We got to know that you are facing problem with the fix provided via FAE. So our software team is working on a reliable fix for that issue.

We will update your FAE with fix release asap.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

I am sorry , Our software team was busy on some other work , so couldn't able to get any update for this issue.

>2

I couldn't able to understand the remaining issue stated in this thread

Can you please clarify if there is any other issue you are facing other than LE Central + IO cap keyboard pair failing ?

If then , can you please explain properly with the project which you are using and steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

1. Please be careful in the future.

2. The problem is that this device will perform "BLE connection ⇒ pairing registration" every time it is connected by Central (central) and the other side (BLE module) by Peripheral (peripheral).

Normally, I think that pairing will be done and if bonded, it will not be paired, but the problem is that pairing is done every time. It is assumed that the bonding process is not working properly, but please investigate.

Please check "Report_03172020.xlsx".

<Japanese>

1.今後、気を付けてください。

2.問題としては、本デバイスがCentral(セントラル)、相手側(BLEモジュール)がPeripheral(ペリフェラル)による、接続で、毎回「BLE接続⇒ペアリング登録」をおこなってしまう点です。

通常であれば、ペアリングを行い、ボンディングされれば、ペアリングされることはないと思いますが、ペアリングが毎回されてしまう点が問題点です。ボンディング処理が正常にできていないと推測されますが、調査の方お願いいたします。

「Report_03172020.xlsx」を確認してください。

0 Likes

Hi ,

2) As per the test code provided in previous thread ( attached the same ) , the passkey entry was issuing only once. If disconnect -> reset -> connect again to same device , passkey entry was not happening. So can you please explain the issue or steps ?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

It is the procedure of BLE connection & pairing process as Central.

1. Modify the code in "Report Details" in "● Details" of "Report_03172020.xlsx".

◆ "BTM_PAIRING_IO_CAPABILITIES_BLE_REQUEST_EVT" Event (wiced_bt_dev_ble_io_caps_req_t)

◆ “GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT” event bonding process

2. As Central, perform BLE connection and pairing with other devices.

3. Perform BLE connection to another device again.

>> Here, it should be paired, but it will be paired.

<Japanese>

CentralとしてのBLE接続&ペアリング処理の手順となります。

1.コードを「Report_03172020.xlsx」の「●Details」にある、2点の修正を行う。

◆「BTM_PAIRING_IO_CAPABILITIES_BLE_REQUEST_EVT」Event (wiced_bt_dev_ble_io_caps_req_t)

◆「GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT」event bonding process

2.Centralとして、他の機器にのBLE接続&ペアリングを行う。

3.再度、他の機器にのBLE接続を行う。

>>ここで、ペアリングされないはずだが、ペアリングされてしまう。

0 Likes

What about the situation?

Just in case, I will describe the procedure and problems again.

The problem was corrected in the content.

procedure:No1-3

problems:★

-----

1. Modify the code in "Report Details" in "● Details" of "Report_03172020.xlsx".

◆ "BTM_PAIRING_IO_CAPABILITIES_BLE_REQUEST_EVT" Event (wiced_bt_dev_ble_io_caps_req_t)

◆ “GATT_CONNECTION_STATUS_EVT” event bonding process

The problem was corrected in the content

2. As Central, perform BLE connection and pairing with other devices.

3. Perform BLE connection to another device again.

★>> I shouldn't be paired here, but it is paired.

-----

0 Likes

Hi hiko_4316286 ,

I am extremely sorry, I am not able to understand the issue exactly.

I gone through the "Details" section. But couldn't able to understand the scenario.

Can you please clarify the current issue ? You are talking about CYW4343 in LE Central mode with Io cap keyboard? If then , pairing will fail as because of the known issue right ?

Can you please attach the project which you are using currently to reproduce the issue ? Please don't edit in the previous excel sheet as its making confusions, can you please summarize the current issue in next interaction ?

Please clarify the LE role of 4343W for this issue, project which you are using , and issue summary.

Thanks,

Anjana

Setting 4343W to "Central" is a problem

By implementing the library received in the past, the following problems occur.

・ After pairing once, reconnecting BLE will pair each time (you will need to set a passkey each time)

* It is a problem described in Line 70 or later of "Report_03172020.xlsx"

* The problem described in Line 1-68 of "Report_03172020.xlsx" is currently solved.

0 Likes

Hi hiko_4316286  San,

Thanks for the clarification. Please help to clarify one more point.

Setting the 4343W as Central (with keyboard io cap) + library fix which we provide - I remember in past you mentioned after adding the new lib there was some disconnection issues . But seems like this is different , seems like there is only pairing issue , there is no issue with connection. Can you please clarify?

Can you please share the project with Central role to test at my side ?

Thanks,

Anjana

> But seems like this is different , seems like there is only pairing issue , there is no issue with connection. Can you please clarify?

This time only the pairing problem

[Report_03172020.xlsx] 72nd line and after are relevant parts

On the log, line 189 of [Report_03172020.xlsx] is the problematic point.

> Can you please share the project with Central role to test at my side ?

Currently, there are no projects that can be published.

As an alternative, the code excerpt is at lines 84-103 of [Report_03172020.xlsx].

The following software is received privately.

・Bluetooth_dual_mode.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

・Bluetooth_low_energy.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

*If it is attached to the open community, it cannot be disclosed because it may be used incorrectly. (Requested at the time of provision)

0 Likes

Hi AnjanaM_61,

You may be able to deploy the following files from your vendor

If you haven't obtained it yet, I will deploy it, but is it necessary?

・Bluetooth_dual_mode.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

・Bluetooth_low_energy.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi hiko_4316286 ,

I understood your point. I have the Bluetooth_dual_mode.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a , Bluetooth_low_energy.ThreadX.NetX_Duo.ARM_CM4.release.a files which you have mentioned. I will check the issue you reported.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hi hiko_4316286 San,

We have provided new fix files for LE central + IO capability Keyboard issue. Its working fine for us. Please test at your side and let us know if still you are facing any issues. If then probably it will be implementation specific. If then, please provide your project for reproducing at our side.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

I checked with the new fix files and confirmed that I could re-pair.

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes