About "filesystem.bin"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hiko_4316286
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I have the following question about filesystem.bin

-What data is included?

It would be helpful if you could tell me the target folders as well.

-How will it be used?

-If "RESOURCES_LOCATION ?= RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES" is set, will the usage be the same?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can refer to 43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/README.txt to understand what goes in the filesystem.bin

web pages, images, bars, icons etc; primarily whatever is used by the particular app makefile in resources folder.43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources

RESOURCES_LOCATION ?= RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES, the resources like wifi firmware, clm_blob etc will be packaged as a part of APP_CODE region; but it is likely to overflow with more components in resources or application (for eg http_server dynamically updating some sensor status) since internal flash is limited by architecture constraints.

Please let me know if you have any further questions in this regard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can refer to 43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/README.txt to understand what goes in the filesystem.bin

web pages, images, bars, icons etc; primarily whatever is used by the particular app makefile in resources folder.43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources

RESOURCES_LOCATION ?= RESOURCES_IN_DIRECT_RESOURCES, the resources like wifi firmware, clm_blob etc will be packaged as a part of APP_CODE region; but it is likely to overflow with more components in resources or application (for eg http_server dynamically updating some sensor status) since internal flash is limited by architecture constraints.

Please let me know if you have any further questions in this regard.

0 Likes