cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2021_0527 does not return RSN_AUTH_KEY_MGMT_SAE bit in the NL80211_IFTYPE_AKM_ATTR_SUITES attribute

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dvergatal
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received

Hi all,

I have been trying to use NetworkManager together with cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2021_0527 patches on mainline 5.4.18 kernel. Currently nearly all is working correctly except few issues, which were fixed together with little help from Beniamino Galvani of NM RedHat Team. My issue is in here Hotspot WPA3 support - this is the second half of the issue, because first one was solved with upgrading NM from 1.32 branch to 1.33. In brief, together with Beniamino we have discovered, that the driver is not returning RSN_AUTH_KEY_MGMT_SAE. We suspect that the problem is that the SAE AKM is not set in the NL80211_ATTR_AKM_SUITES netlink attribute by the driver. I have used grep to find it and i did not find any. My question is it possible that all suits are defined in the firmware and is it possible that this specific suite is missing? Is it possible for the cypress team to solve this issue because it is needed by the NM to set a wpa3 hotspot.

BR
Piotr

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Dvergatal , sorry for the delay in response, WPA3 support is chip dependent, Could you please let us know which module you are using? 

Could you please let us know if you were able to patch the file "0012-nl80211-Support-SAE-authentication-offload-in-AP-mod.patch" ? 

Also could you please verify if CONFIG_SAE=y in the kernel config file. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Vivek_gunapati
250 replies posted 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi Piotr, 

I am checking internally on what suits are supported, we will get back to you soon on this. 

Regards, Vivek.

0 Likes
Dvergatal
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received

Hi Vivek,

Thx for quick reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

BR
Piotr

0 Likes

@Dvergatal , sorry for the delay in response, WPA3 support is chip dependent, Could you please let us know which module you are using? 

Could you please let us know if you were able to patch the file "0012-nl80211-Support-SAE-authentication-offload-in-AP-mod.patch" ? 

Also could you please verify if CONFIG_SAE=y in the kernel config file. 

0 Likes

@Vivek_gunapati hi n/p.

The model i have is AMPAK AP6356S on firefly-rk3399 board. I was able to patch with this file and i have also CONFIG_SAE=y in the kernel config file. As we were talking on this thread, the driver is returning me that the device is supporting SAE with AUTHENTICATE command. Also connection as client to WPA3 network is working.

BR
Piotr

0 Likes

@Dvergatal Thank you for confirming that the WPA3 network is working. Please let us know if you need any further information? if not shall i close this thread?

0 Likes