With bsa0107_00.67.00 no audio is heard in BT headset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vinod
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First solution authored First like received

I got the BSA stack version bsa0107_00.67.00 built for iMX6 processor with BCM43455 chipset.

I paired  with a BT headset and then made the audio port open. Played a 16Khz and 8Khz audio using aplay and i couldn't hear any audio in my headset. The device where aplay was run is the audio gateway.

When i use the BSA version bsa0107_00.63.00 and paired with the same headset,i could hear the audio played in my device through the BT headset. The SCO route used is BSA_SCO_ROUTE_PCM.

With bsa0107_00.67.00, i even tried to use HCI instead of PCM but audio gateway registration fails as below:-

app_ag_register: BSA_AgRegister failed(210)

Has anyone encountered this issue with bsa0107_00.67.00 ? and is there any recommendations to address the no audio heard in BT headset.

Regards,

Vinod

0 Likes
1 Solution

I had to make BSA_FORCE_USE_VENDOR_COMMAND_FOR_SCO = TRUE in bsa_server.txt for audio to be heard in new bsa stack.

Thanks all for the help. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello: 

We should have a global define file like bsa_server.txt, you can compare if there have different configs.

0 Likes
Vinod
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First solution authored First like received

Thanks Zhenbao_Zhang for the response.

I compared the bsa_server.txt that was working with bsa0107_00.63.00 and the changes are almost similar

Below are the main changes which is taken from bsa0107_00.63.00 to bsa0107_00.67.00 

BTM_SCO_HCI_INCLUDED = FALSE
BT_BRCM_I2SPCM_ENABLE_FLAG = TRUE
BT_BRCM_I2SPCM_SLAVE_ROLE = TRUE
BTM_SCO_PCM_INTF = TRUE
BTM_PCM_INTF_RATE = 1

Regards,

Vinod

0 Likes
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello: 

I think the I2SPCM setting will have an influence on your no-sound issue, so you need to get one the same as the successful release, then we can judge if there have other reasons. 

0 Likes

I had to make BSA_FORCE_USE_VENDOR_COMMAND_FOR_SCO = TRUE in bsa_server.txt for audio to be heard in new bsa stack.

Thanks all for the help.