Unable to start Bleutooth chip on BCM4345C5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
honoju
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am having trouble strating the bluetooth module on my board using a BCM4345C5 chip for bluetooth. The chip uses  HCI UART interface and PCM interface for audio data.

I have successed running a program test that ensures that HCI UART interface works fine. But when I try the BSA server with this command : bsa_server -d /dev/ttyS0 -r 14 -p /firmware/BCM4345C5_003.006.006.0058.0135.hcd -u /var/run/

where :

d specifies the device, r specifies the baudrate and 14 stands for 3M (3MBits I suppose), p specifies the Bluetooth firmware and -u specifies the location of the generated Bluetooth node.

What I am getting :

First time, the run gets stuck here (after GKI timer has been disabled):

image.png

I cancelled the run and tried executing it again and this time I got this error :

image.png

Can anyone help with this please? I can give more info if needed!

@CarlosTirado  @MichaelF_56 @GregG_16 @Chi-HsienL_21

Regards,

Honoré

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, the BSA stack is not intended for the broad market and as such is not supported here on the community.  You will want to have your local Infineon support team create a factory case for you to help work through these issues.  Also, I believe the marketing part number for the part you are using is CYW43455.  You are referencing the Broadcom based PN from the firmware above and this may confuse the support team.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, the BSA stack is not intended for the broad market and as such is not supported here on the community.  You will want to have your local Infineon support team create a factory case for you to help work through these issues.  Also, I believe the marketing part number for the part you are using is CYW43455.  You are referencing the Broadcom based PN from the firmware above and this may confuse the support team.

0 Likes