Station dump empty in IBSS mode - CYW43455

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
devchalada
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked
Hello,

I'm trying to build a small mesh network through 4 nodes out of raspberry pi B+ using your latest firmware for cyw43455. I first set up wlan0 interface to ibss. When trying to read data regarding neighbor nodes through nl80211, no information is returned. I can ping my neighbor node successfully and arp table is updated. When I execute "iw dev wlan0 station dump" no information is returned. When i execute "iw dev wlan0 get 11:11:11:11:11:11" i get data about a random neighbor and it's signal strength.

Thank you for your help !
0 Likes
2 Replies
raks_99
First question asked 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @devchalada ,

Can you describe how to set this up? I can try to reproduce this on my RPI and check internally if there is any issue... , 

Also, are you using the firmware .bin file provided by raspberry pi or the one given by us in our driver release? Can you tell me the firmware verison?

Thanks,

I'm using the latest firmware from https://github.com/Infineon/ifx-linux-firmware/tree/master/firmware. I replaced these files manually (with root privileges) :

cp cyfmac43455-sdio.bin  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin

cp cyfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob  /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob

I can confirm through "dmesg" that the firmware loaded is from 2022 on my Pi 3B+.

To setup a mesh in ad-hoc mode (with root privileges):

rfkill unblock wlan

systemctl disable --now wpa_supplicant.service

iw wlan0 set type ibss

iw wlan0 ibss join MYMESH 2412

ip addr add 192.168.0.X/24 dev wlan0

With X ranges from 1 to 4 since the mesh has 4 Raspberry Pi 3B+. When I ping 192.168.0.X of the neighbor pi, I get a successful ping.

To dump info about all 1 hop stations in adhoc from the current station I tried:

iw dev wlan0 station dump

This returns nothing in ibss mode but used to show all stations in AP mode.

Using a fake mac address to dump station info in ibss mode, i get :

iw dev wlan0 station get 11:11:11:11:11:11

Station 11:11:11:11:11:11 (on MYMESH)

rx packets: 3011273

tx packets: 2102031

tx failed: 1205

signal:  -45 dBm

tx bitrate: 54.0 MBit/s

So the signal information of one of the stations is there but might not be returned properly by the firmware when dumping station info (Missing ioctl call) ?

0 Likes