Recommendation or tips on how to best connect the CYW88359 PCIe interface via a PCIe switch instead of directly to the SoC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeKh_2254986
Level 1
Level 1

We are connecting CYW88359  W-Lan + BLE module on our set top box to BCM7628 PCIe interface via a PCIe switch instead of directly to the SoC as we need more than one PCIe connection. Does anyone have any recommendation or tips on how to best achieve this without compromising the performance (data throughput)?

Thank You.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Which 88359-based partner module are you using?

With an i.MX host as that's the configuration supported within our Linux FMAC package here: Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Which 88359-based partner module are you using?

With an i.MX host as that's the configuration supported within our Linux FMAC package here: Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux

0 Likes

Thank you Michael, we're using a pre-certified combo module from Murarta and will connect the Cypress CYW88359 via a 2 lane PCIe switch to the Broadcom SoC. We just want to have a better understanding if there are any constraints on the HW interface?

0 Likes

I'm familiar with the Murata 1VA and the existing Linux host driver provided for the i.MX series from NXP. 

Have you already ported the FMAC Linux driver to the Quad-Core A-Class processor onboard the Broadcom BCM7628 STB chip?

The Applications team that monitors the community can answer HW based questions related to the PCIe interface.

0 Likes