Is BCM4359 supports WPA3 and PMF?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JuCh_4848291
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to add WPA3 for BCM4359, but wpa_supplicant will fail to start if ieee80211w was set to 1 or 2.

We suspect the driver we have may not have PMF support, is there a way to check?

The .config for compiling is attached.

The configuration for wpa_supplicant is:

network={

ssid="HelloWorldWPA3"

psk="VeryCoolPassword"

proto=RSN

key_mgmt=SAE

group=CCMP

pairwise=CCMP

mode=2

frequency=2412

ieee80211w=2

}

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can use the command "wl cap" to check the capabilities of the radio. If it shows mfp, it means that it supports PMF.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can use the command "wl cap" to check the capabilities of the radio. If it shows mfp, it means that it supports PMF.

lock attach

Thanks for your reply,

We checked the system with the command you provided, seems mfp is supported. We have followed the https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-21490 and compiled wpa_supplicant with libnl 3.2.25 and openssl 1.1.1b with the following commands.

# Make openssl 1.1.1b

mkdir build

./Configure linux-aarch64 no-asm no-shared no-async --cross-compile-prefix=aarch64-linux-gnu- --prefix=$PWD/build --openssldir=$PWD/build -static

make -j8

make install

# Make libnl 3.2.25

mkdir build

./configure --host=aarch64-linux-gnu CC=aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc AR=aarch64-linux-gnu-ar NM=aarch64-linux-gnu-nm RANLIB=aarch64-linux-gnu-ranlib STRIP=aarch64-linux-gnu-strip OBJDUMP=aarch64-linux-gnu-objdump LD=aarch64-linux-gnu-ld CPP="aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -E"  --prefix=$(pwd)/build --enable-static

make -j8

make install

# Patch with wpa_supplicant

cp defconfig.config

# Added contents in .config

CC=aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc

CFLAGS += -I/home/chen/WPA3/openssl-1.1.1b/build/include

LIBS += -L/home/chen/WPA3/openssl-1.1.1b/build/lib

CFLAGS += -I/home/chen/WPA3/libnl-3.2.25/build/include/libnl3

LIBS += -L/home/chen/WPA3/libnl-3.2.25/build/lib

LDFLAGS += -lpthread

LDFLAGS += -lm

BINDIR=./build

make -j8

make install

Here is the command we executed to start wpa_supplicant and the configuration is attached.

./wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c ./wpa.conf -d -t -f ./wpa.log

The log when running the wpa_supplicant, is also attached.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
lock attach

Here is the config file when we compiling the wpa_supplicant.

0 Likes

CYW4359 is essentially automotive grade WLAN chip CYW8x359 which is not supported in the broad market community. And it is also not supported by FMAC driver. I would request you to contact your local sales for appropriate driver release package for the automotive WLAN chip along with technical document for WLAN bring up.

0 Likes