CYW4343W HCI Vendor Specific Command to set BLE TX Power

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ribec_4322136
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was reading the thread BLE tx output power control in HCI mode and tested the proposed HCI_VENDOR_SET_TX_PWR command (0x01A5) on a chipset based on CYW4343W. However, it seems such command is not recognized/supported as per the logs I captured:

pastedImage_1.png

Therefore, my next question would be: is there any other specific command for this specific chipset that I may try to set the Tx power during a BLE advertising event?

According to the CYW4343W specification, it seems Bluetooth power control steps are available:

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks

Ricardo Bello

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ricardo,

The output power level for BLE is fixed; It is set to 4dBm for adv packets. There is no way to change the advertising tx power.

The vendor specific command you referred in description is specific for PSoC devices.

You can read the tx_power using CyBluetool (Windows Installer) command: LE_Read_Advertising_Channel_Tx_Power

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Ricardo,

Can you let us know exactly which eval board or module you are using?

0 Likes

Hi,

We are using a module provided by LSR Model Sterling-LWB part number 450-0152

Regards,

Ricardo Bello

0 Likes

Hi Ricardo,

The output power level for BLE is fixed; It is set to 4dBm for adv packets. There is no way to change the advertising tx power.

The vendor specific command you referred in description is specific for PSoC devices.

You can read the tx_power using CyBluetool (Windows Installer) command: LE_Read_Advertising_Channel_Tx_Power

0 Likes

Hi SheetalJ_96

We usually have this command available from other Bluetooth hardware and vendors, so learning this level is fixed in this case is quite unexpected. Anyway, thank you for your reply. We are already using the LE_Read_Advertising_Channel_Tx_Power command in our implementation and we are consistently getting a value of 12dBm for this specific board.

Ricardo Bello

0 Likes