CY43438 uses short controll signaling method?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaPo_2591956
Level 1
Level 1

We have used CY43438 base modules in our product. We are doing the CE certification. lab is asking to us that the wifi soc is a short signal transmission for RF adaptivity test or not?

Please let us know so that we can resume the precompliance testing.

i see in the cypress compliance manual but it does not give my data on the short signaling transmission.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you try inputting below command after test created and before the out of adaptivity signals ?

wl scansuppress 1

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Would you please give more info about short signal transmission test ?

from: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an225347-cypress-wi-fi-clm-regulatory-manual

I think you can share below description to lab .

Test Information Required for Adaptivity Testing

To complete adaptivity testing, EMC labs will generally request the information provided in this section, which is specific

to the supplier Wi-Fi solution. The following information should be provided for Cypress Wi-Fi solutions.

EN300 328 V2.1.1 (2.4 GHz) Required Information for Adaptivity

Generally, EMC labs will only require the following information for EN300 328 V2.1.1:

1. The EMC lab will want to confirm if the device is load-based equipment. Cypress Wi-Fi radios are all load-based

equipment; therefore, the section that applies to Cypress Wi-Fi radios for adaptivity testing is Section 4.3.2.6.3.2.3

of EN300 328 V2.1.1.

2. The COT for Cypress Wi-Fi solutions is 13 ms. COT = Channel Occupancy Time.

Dear,

Short signal transmission means in adaptivity test when radio detects the threshold level then  it send some ACK and NACK signal. during this time the value of duty cycle will be less then 10% else it will fail. see below image. I hope you understand below definition.

After detection of interfere and blocker DC (Duty cycle) will<10 but it is 19.89% that's why I am asking that it is short signal transmitter or not?

c2.PNG

C3.PNG

Capture.PNGI have read the full compliance manual and I see that there is no description given for the short signal transmission(the same I mentioned on the original thread).

0 Likes

Did you try inputting below command after test created and before the out of adaptivity signals ?

wl scansuppress 1