Bluetooth BCM43455 security mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AsAl_4421831
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello Everyone,

We are using BCM43455 with imx7d on our board. our development is in Android 9.0. The Bluetooth and wifi for our board is working all fine. However, our client wants to enforce a particular security level for BLE and BT. 

BLE - Security Mode 1, Level 4

Classic Bluetooth - Security Mode 4, level 4.

I know that this chip supports Bluetooth 5.0 and supports the above mode. But because we are using android and it supports all the security modes, I am not sure how to enforce the above 2 only.

1. Can I change any configuration to support the above modes in kernel configuration or android permissions, which I am not aware of?

2. Or would have to do changes in the software, if yes could you please help by giving some pointer to start?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We would require some basic information. Do you know which specific driver is being used for BT? Is it BlueZ or some other driver? Is the driver already bundled in the kernel image?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We would require some basic information. Do you know which specific driver is being used for BT? Is it BlueZ or some other driver? Is the driver already bundled in the kernel image?

0 Likes

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry for the late reply, Android uses BlueDroid.

Yes, its in the android kernel.

I want to turn off legacy pairing and just works for Classic.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Asma

0 Likes