BSA Sample Client Applications Source Code and BSA Server API Documentation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can someone point me to the BSA Sample Client Applications source code and BSA server API documentation from this post: BSA Sample Client Applications for i.MX6

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Unfortunately, the source for the BSA stack, server and client is not available within the broad market.

I am working with cart​, grgachln  and others on commuication which will more clearly describes our Linux strategy which leverages heavily MCU and Module Partners.

skerr_1713761

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Beyond what our module partners offer in the way of applications support for Linux is located here: https://community.cypress.com/community/linux

BSA Specifically is here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-2661

BSA Sample Applications here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-2944

I've asked the Linux Apps team to take a look at this material and let me know if this is what you are looking for in the way of source code to build new Linux based apps.

Unfortunately, everything I've listed above encompasses our offering, but our module partners may be able to provide additional support.

pacocartchln

0 Likes

Hi,

Can we get the BSA stack, Server and Client source code.

Is BSA stack is open source like Bluez ?

Can anyone please point me to the Source code of BSA Stack.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the source for the BSA stack, server and client is not available within the broad market.

I am working with cart​, grgachln  and others on commuication which will more clearly describes our Linux strategy which leverages heavily MCU and Module Partners.

skerr_1713761

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any updates to this?

How is the BSA stack useful if there's no API provided for application development?  The *.a and *.so libraries are distributed here on this community but without an API I don't think they're very useful...

Thanks!

0 Likes

user_305201620

I agree with your point and have asked the same internally.  Since the person who posted them here is no longer with us, I unfortunately cannot answer your question with any degree of certainty.  I can confirm that our engagement model for BSA in the broad market is not to provide source and that BSA itself will continue to be provided through the i.MX general release (same thing for the DHD driver).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not necessary to post source code to BSA.  What *is* necessary is to post documentation for the API and perhaps source code to a few of the example applications that are currently released under the i.MX program. 

0 Likes

Understood.  For a few weeks, we had the API docs here, then engineering asked to remove them because without sample application source code and support, they were not useful.  Sample application source code and support is the problem as we are migrating to a new build/version of the BT Stack that will first be integrated into our Partner offerings.

0 Likes