BCM43430 with old kernel version

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bamo_4116701
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

We are trying to integrate a 1DX Murata module (based on BCM43430  chip) on a productbased on an Atmel (now Microchip) ATSAMA5D31 MPU running a 3.10 Linux Kernel.  Is there any drivers revision compliant with such setup ?

Regarding Wifi

When compiling the out of tree backport provided on the following cypress webpage (https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/15932-1-39799/cypress-fmac-v4.14.52-2018_...) , we ended up with four kernel modules, including the low level cfg80211 layer.

Is there any (potentially old) version where cfg80211 did not need to be backported ?

Indeed our goal is to have a single kernel on several different products with different WIFI/BT modules,  we would appreciate to keep the standard cfg80211 driver and just to add a few more kernel modules to support a BCM43430  based radio module.

Regarding Bluetooth

Bluez5 seems to be manadatory to support bcm43xx device when using hciattach. Could you confirm?

Is there any documentation regarding kernel configuration to support the bluetooth feature of BCM43430 chip? We did not find any related information on cypress website

Regards

bmoraine

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The Murata 1DX is based on the CYW4343W.

I believe their standard Linux support package is based soley NXP i.MX, but you could ask them if they would consider support for the Atmel ATSAMA5D31 MPU. We could also recommend a partner like vsubbiah_1779701​ as his company does alot of work like this for us.

This processor is not part of the standard Linux FMAC support package available from Cypress.

0 Likes
ToIn_1742091
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

We don't have documents for ATMEL MPUs. You may start with i.MX6 to understand how it is structured. 1DX is based on CYW4343W, not 43430. I've found the datasheet here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyw4343w-single-chip-80211-bgn-macbasebandradio-blu...

hciattach is a command from BlueZ, so I am not sure if I understand your question.

https://docs.ubuntu.com/core/en/stacks/bluetooth/bluez/docs/reference/available-commands

Hello,

Thank you for these elements.

We succeeded to build last wifii driver version with few fixes:

Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2018-09-28]

in our Linux 3.10 kernel following

Getting started on Linux Driver Backporting - FMAC

and analysing the murata yocto recipe

meta-murata-wireless/Murata_Wireless_Yocto_Build.sh at imx-rocko-mothra · murata-wireless/meta-murat...

Regarding CYW4343W Wifi Driver, 4 recent versions are available on cypress website :

Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2018-09-28]

Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2018-07-16]

Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2018-02-05]

Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2018-03-21]

All these version use backports for both

• drivers\net\wireless\broadcom\brcm80211
  • net\wireless

We would like to know if previous driver releases are still availables and where to find them. Indeed, if possible we want to preserve net\wireless folder from modifications in order to keep cfg82011 module compatibilty with other wifi drivers?

Regards

0 Likes

Hi

Which is the cfg80211 compatible driver release that you are looking for?

The previous releases are kept in private spaces. If you could give version of cfg80211 module, then we can see the compatibility

with the previous drivers releases.

Regards

0 Likes