Ampak module testing & certification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
osmec_3995096
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

I would like to test & certify Ampak ap6356, based on bcm/cyw4356. Fo this purpose I need to generate different modes, constant wave TX and such. I have linux system based on kernel 4.14 and ARMv8 platform, but couldn't find any command that could generate such modes. Is there any tool that can help doing that? Should this be a tool from Ampak or rather a Cypress (Boradcom) driver-related tool?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Cypress and Broadcom are two different companies.

I believe Ampak still buys connectivity silicon from Broadcom.

Please reach out to Ampak to see how they prefer to provide support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Cypress and Broadcom are two different companies.

I believe Ampak still buys connectivity silicon from Broadcom.

Please reach out to Ampak to see how they prefer to provide support.

0 Likes

I see. I was wondering actually if this is really correct although ampak has chip marked as BCM inside ans I could see recently that both BCM4356 and CYW4356 got new QDIDs from BT SIG.  So it really seems that BCM kept the rights for this silicon...

Best regards

0 Likes

For some time now, we have provided CYW4356 based certified solutions through our module partners.

The Murata 1CX is one such example.

0 Likes

I am in contact with Murata already, but didn't want to make any decisions without double-checking. Kinda hoped that "bcm4356==cyw4356" and it will be possible to use "cyw" tools on the "bcm" part - poor me.

Anyway - thanks!

best regards

0 Likes

They are the same device, different suppliers and module partners. The module partner themselves should be able to provide guidance on development tools and flow.

0 Likes